Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Parenting Relief!!



What relief I am starting to get from the daily frustration that I experience everyday while trying to deal with my amazingly wonderful, yet absolutely strong-willed son!! Ryan has been reading through a parenting curriculum program that he will be presenting to middle school parents for six weeks, and we've been talking about the ideas and trying them out on Noah. It's been amazing! Today, for the first time in months, I feel like I have dealt with the little guy with love/patience instead of anger/frustration as I've showed him the difference between making good choices and making choices that come with consequences. Sounds obvious, but it's sometimes harder than you think with a two-year old. In just a few days though, Noah is beginning to learn the difference and act accordingly! So, if you too have a little "thug" or maybe even a little "angel" beginning to show an attitude of her own (see pictures), try reading Parenting with Love and Logic. It's really brillant stuff based on good old common sense put into practice! We'll keep you posted! :)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I ordered the Love and Logic book yesterday. I'm hoping to get some good parenting advice. :)
Miss you guys.