Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Holidays in Colorado/Ohio

Here is a look at our living room with Christmas presents everywhere. When we unloaded the van from Ohio and got the stuff brought over from my mom's, it was total chaos. Our families love us too much! Anyway, Ryleigh had the quote of Christmas when she asked us, "Can you move this stuff so I can get to my stuff?"

Christmas jammies

Christmas jammies


A new backpack for school next year


The foam rocket launcher picked by Uncle Jay was a hit!




A great Christmas break it was, despite a few cases of illness in the family. We spent the first week at home, with my brother and his family here for a visit. My niece Audrey gave us all a version of the stomach flu for Christmas--what a sweetheart! Just kidding, Jay and Mandi! Then, it was off on a road trip to Ohio for the second week. The kids did great on our 20-hour journey both ways. No extra potty stops, no major meltdowns, and for the most part, decent weather made the driving bearable. The kids had so many "Christmases" with different family members that they probably think Christmas lasts for a week. They were blessed with presents galore and fun exciting times with family and friends. Santa came through with the requested sunglasses for the kids, and some "gently used" teethers and rattles for Jakie (what's wrong with some hand-me-downs in his stocking???!!!) I will post some pictures from Ohio when I get some sent to me--we had our usual failure to take pictures when others have their cameras out!

No comments: